You know how there are some people who claim that since the explosion of Facebook, they often think of everything they say or do in terms of a Facebook status? Well today, I swear, all I thought of was my life in terms of Blogspot. And since I got such rude feedback from my mother and best friend, I'm going to make this blog the epitome of epic tonight.
Weather in Boston is still terrible. View today from South Station:

It was so foggy, rainy, and humid that I couldn't see the tops of some buildings when I left for lunch.
Being a grown-up sucks. I wrote my first check today in my entire life to pay my part of a cable/Internet bill. I wrote a check. For Internet. Who even does that besides my parents. Then, I took my laundry that has been sitting in the dryer since Sunday out and threw it on my bed. I don't do laundry. Lazybones, Kathy, or Dorice takes care of that for me. In order to be able to eat today, I stopped at the fruit stand on my way to work to buy an apple and an orange. Otherwise, all I would have eaten from the time I got up until the time I got home was a cupful of apple cinnamon Cheerios and a yogurt. I don't do grocery shopping. Not without Courtney, anyway. And I am already so sick of public transportation. People are disgusting, everything is so packed and tight, and it's actually kind of expensive. Just going to and from work costs a total of $7.00, which might not seem like a lot, but ends up being $35.00 a week or $140.00 a month. I don't even spend that in gas when I'm home. I'm sick of being independent and am glad that Jim and Kathy love me as much as they do! I better behave to ensure I am not cut off.
So I am about to say something really shallow, but it's something I've noticed since I've been working at NPEA. I'm was really surprised when I started paying attention, but there are really good looking people who work in non-profit. I would have expected the majority of employees to be kind of homely looking, but they are not. Gives me a little hope.
I am SO excited for the Fourth of July! On Thursday the 2nd, I leave Boston and fly directly to Buffalo, New York, to spend the weekend at Courtney's. In the two years that we have been friends, I've yet to go home with her or visit her on her stomping grounds, so I'm pumped to finally have the opportunity to do so. I will also see the majority of the rest of the crew, which makes me even more excited. Court got the news today that she has Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off of work. I think I am going to get to go to Clifton Hill for the first time, obviously, which I am very excited about, as it is something everyone else has done together and I have always felt so left out for not being able to be included. What is Clifton Hill? It is this amazing entertainment district on the Canadian side of Niagra Falls. There is a Rainforest Cafe, Boston Pizza, Planet Hollywood, Hard Rock, a place called Kelsey's Bar and Grill, among other things. There are huge fireworks displays and a show where the waterfall is lit up in all sorts of colors. Finally and clearly most important, I will be able to check out Rumors night club for the first time ever! Don't mistake this for Rumors in Madawaska; this place is a legit club with neon lights, lasers, big screens, and standard creepers. I can't wait; 8 full days until I'm back with my roommate for a few nights! I'll spend my days by the pool, making multiple trips to Tim Hortons, and just relaxing and soaking up wonderful weather that Boston has not been blessed enough to have.
I am so sure I'm going to get Swine Flu. I know I am going to catch it while riding public transportation, and that makes me so nervous. I'm seriously considering starting to wear rubber gloves when I'm on the bus and train and don't even care what anyone has to say about it.
I was not in the mood to be domesticated and cook supper for myself last night, and with Courtney's help, I was convinced to get take-out. I ordered from this Italian place called Nick's and was so surprised at how good my grilled chicken parmesan was. Still, I'm sure the food at this little place in Medford, straight-up Italian waiters aside, has nothing on Angelo's of Auburn, New York. They surely do not have the Italians, I know, anyway.

Even if the food sucks, clearly the company would be great. Cannot wait to check out the new Angelo's dive when I get back to school in September!
Duke and Moe are upset. They usually sleep in the house in one of our dens on a specific couch, but my mum got new furniture yesterday. Apparently the dogs are quite upset with her and are boycotting sleeping inside. She said that for what I'm sure is the first time in their entire lives, they slept in the garage last night on the old couch!

Duke & Moe on the old couch in the garage.

The new furniture that's been boycotted.
Quite frankly, Princess Kathy says she is glad that they're not into the new furniture, but we both know it won't be long until Duke curls up in the corner and Moe resumes his place on the floor.
Oh, speaking of Princess Kathy- I keep forgetting to remind you to do this. I need you to order me a new health insurance card. I don't know if you heard, but someone named Christ stole my stuff. I predict I will get sick at some point in the future.
I know my parents work hard to pay the $50,000 a year it costs for me to go to Syracuse, but I think I would love to be a secretary when I grow up. Uh oh.
My roommate here in Boston was telling me about this different form of eyebrow grooming called threading. Apparently it's more effective than waxing. I looked it up on YouTube and am considering going at it.
We'll see. I'll keep you posted.
I am so unsurprised that Americans are as obese and as overweight as they are. I have been paying attention at lunch, and SO many people gouge themselves on McDonald's and pizza and Chinese. And the thing is, I see a lot of the same people every single day following the same routine. It's been a while since I've eaten red meat, and though I crave it every single day, I've realized how bad it is for both me and the environment, and so I resist. It also helps that I don't have Courtney Rung around suggesting trips to Outback twice a week, but I see how this epidemic has become such an issue in America.
It's so funny to catch people staring at you on the train or bus. They try and shift their eyes like they weren't doing it, or smile guiltily, knowing that they've been caught. Nonetheless, it makes me laugh and then I feel awkward because they know that I know that they were looking. It's fine. Today when I was leaving lunch, I was walking by people waiting in line at the Chinese food station, and this guy was watching me hardcore. I caught him looking and it made me laugh, so then I think he thought I was laughing at him, which was awkward, so then I tried to hide my mouth, but that didn't work. My life.
I saw a gingerheaded man on the train today doing origami. Who knew the Drakes had a brother?!
I have already figured out what I'm getting my mum and dad for Christmas, and I'm really excited about it. Yes, it's smaller than a breadbox, and yes, Sam, you'll probably pay for most of it.
There are so many ways to be sneaky and learn about people on the train. I know there is a guy named Eric Little who works at George P. Johnson, a marketing firm in Boston, because of the security badge he was wearing on his waist. A girl named Whitney Tripp recently flew on United Airlines...she was using her ticket stub as her bookmark. Makes me wonder what personal information I'm potentially giving out. Be aware!
It's not just Swine Flu that I'm worried about catching on the train. I'm scared of Eczema, too. I'll just leave it at that and not freak out my readers with the scabby details.
I saw a girl today getting of the T at Davis that goes to Syracuse. I totally recognized her face, even though I have no idea who she is. I dug my SU Nalgene out of my purse and attempted to sip from it (that didn't work so well, as I was trying to walk up a set of stairs) and I think she saw it, but I'm not even sure. I'm cool and I know it.
I've been uploading the photos I didn't lose when I had my MacBook stolen, and am so impressed by the new iPhoto feature "Faces." Tag a person's face in one picture, and the program will search the rest of your files and return to you all photos of that one particular person. It turned up my brother when I entered Janielle, but you know, close enough.
I hope I've done enough for you all tonight to prove that I am doing my best to lead an epic life; I'll attempt to keep it that way.
Keep reading.
Dude!! I'm going to grow my eyebrows out all the way until I see you 4th of July weekend and we're totaly going to thread my eyebrows. hahahahahahahaha
ReplyDeleteSo awesome. Miss youuuuu!!
I don't know how I missed that threading video, but apparently GoogleReader knew that because even though I read this post it kept telling me I hadn't... any how. I WANT MY EYE BROWS THREADED NOW!
ReplyDelete