I literally think the woman sitting next to me this morning on the T ate an onion and a green pepper for breakfast. I was so disgusted and freaked out that I had to breathe through my mouth and use the little dangly thing at the back of my throat to close my nose. Thank god she got off at the Central stop; I never, ever would have made it to South Station sitting near her.
Just for your general knowledge...
Okay, so see at the upper left hand of the red line, at the very end, there is a bigger white dot that says "ALEWIFE." The stop right before/after that one, Davis, is where I get on the T in the morning and off in the afternoon. I ride the red line all the way down to the stop directly after the intersection with the orange line. It's the same place that connects onto the silver line which heads out towards the World Trade Center and airport.
So I just spent 15 minutes scraping white, mint gum off of the butt of my favorite black pants. I wasn't able to get it all, so after consulting Google, I put them in the freezer and hope to get rid of the rest of it tomorrow.
Speaking of Google, has anyone else heard their big news? They are going to develop their own, FREE operating system for computers! They plan to start with Netbooks, the really small, compact new computers, but suspect their software will be powerful enough to propel PCs. For those of you who are not technologically literate, operating systems run your computer; Microsoft Vista and XP are types of OS, as are Linux and Mac systems- I run OS X (Operating System 10). Google claims their new OS will be everything Microsoft isn't, namely speedy and efficient. With the release of Windows 7 soon upon us, the effect of Google's development is going to be interesting. I have no qualms about it (granted, I'm a Mac user) but I think it will be a valiant and potentially quite successful effort in preventing Microsoft from completely monopolizing the market.
And speaking of monopolization, be prepared to update your Facebook privacy settings, soon. Be vigilant about this change, you may have to mechanically re-privatize your information sometime over the next few weeks.
So who knew that the Boston Breakers women's soccer team still existed? When the WUSA folded up operations in what, 2003? I thought professional soccer in the female realm had ended forever. Turns out that in 2007, a new league was restructured and the sport is back! I watched the Breakers play at Gilette the summer going into 9th grade and possibly going into 10th grade, too. We had the opportunity to hang out with the players after the game and even watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on the turf. Wow, talk about a flashback! That's when I was playing under the toughest and smartest coach I've ever played for, was friends with kids all older than me, and had ridiculously thin eyebrows.
But speaking of women's soccer; this weekend marks the 10 year anniversary of the US women's World Cup victory over China. That's where it all began, it's where the explosion of girls playing soccer began. I still remember the book I had highlighting all of the players. I used to wear my #9 Mia Hamm jersey all the time, had a Breakers jersey signed by a number of players, went to Nike soccer camp every summer for years. Remember this?
Crazy. I still remember that game; I watched the overtime and PK finals at my camp after church. Seems like SO long ago...
I wore a pencil skirt to work today, but I don't think I had it on right. The zipper was on my side, which felt right, but the slit was off-kilter in the back. Is it supposed to be in the middle, or off-center? I thought about twisting it so that the zipper was in the back, though I couldn't figure out what effect that would have on the slit, so I just let it be. Whatever.
I have figured out my issue with walking, though. Claire commented to me this weekend "Seriously, Kels?" when we were on our way out and I was wearing heels, struggling to keep up and walk normally. My right foot is at least a half size, if not quite possibly a full size smaller than my left foot. It's a serious problem that's having an effect on the way I walk.
Katy isn't coming to Boston this weekend anymore. :( Thinking of you KCanning, hope your cousin is feeling better soon! In my heart and in my thoughts...
Therefore, if anyone wants to hang out or play, I'm totally free. I REALLY want to see Blue Man Group this summer, and I offered it up to Courtney as something to do this weekend, but she shot it down. And honestly, it's supposed to be really fun, so I won't go with just anyone.
Today I sat with this older lady at South Station during lunch. I always, always wear my earbuds when I'm basically anywhere in public, and this occasion was no different. I had The Fray BLASTING, like seriously 3/4 as loud as my iTouch can go, and I could still hear her sucking whatever the hell she was eating out of her teeth very loudly. I was so grossed out I almost had to get up and leave.
From where I was sitting, I could see into the kitchen of Master Wok, the Chinese food place in the station. Be impressed; they use bus-boy buckets to cook all sorts of different food in! See broccoli example...
There was also chicken in the bucket next to the broccoli.
I have been eating yogurt and pudding for the past few days with a fork. I think it's time to empty the dishwasher... I had a VERY close encounter this afternoon with my strawberry yogurt and my black skirt...
So I think I've officially been initiated into the 155 Federal Street bathroom fraternity. The door no longer gives me any trouble after a three week pledging period. You'd think I was trying to get into Skull & Bones secret society.
Today when I got off the T at Davis, I stopped at the little concession stand upstairs to get some quarters so I could do my laundry. I almost choked when I got to the cash; the smell of marijuana was unbelievably overpowering. And the sad thing? There was a little boy sitting on the counter! Scary.
Do you realize what happened today? This morning, the date and time were: 07/08/09 10:11 12". Cool!
With each passing day, my story becomes an EPIC...



No comments:
Post a Comment