Monday, July 6, 2009

recovery

I am so tired. Today was the first day that I was unable to keep my eyes from drooping at work. I was reading all sorts of articles, and my eyes kept shutting, regardless of how hard I was trying to resist it. I was so exhausted that I didn't think to find caffeine, take a walk for fresh air, get toothpicks to keep my eyes open...I just resorted to finding the most mindless tasks I could to get through the day: photocopying, sorting papers, pretending to browse the web. Damn you all for anticipating a lengthy post last night; it kept me up soooo long.

I was, however, able to get outside and relax during my lunch today. The sun has finalllyyyy come out here in Boston and I'm pretty sure I even got some color during my break.

So I got home last night and went to the bathroom, and when I walked by the bedroom of the other girl who has been living here this summer, I looked in, and all of her stuff was gone. Confused, I texted Neha, who came home and explained to me that she had been let go from her unpaid, fashion internship after a week of work, and had returned home for the summer. Therefore, if anyone is looking for a place to crash for a few months this summer, totally let me know. OR, even better, if anyone wants to visit, let me know!! Plenty of space in this place now.

I was so disappointed this morning when I was heading for the train; my regular Metro newspaper handler was completely MIA. I had no paper to read on the way to work, and had to resort to the chick lit I picked up before I headed to Buffalo. (Which I finished today.) As I was headed back to the train today, the normal afternoon paper passer-outer was in her location, rapping to Rihanna, as usual. I didn't pick up the paper though, for fear of breaking tradition and structure.

I was reading today...that the US has a higher death rate than Jamaica and Albania. Strange, right? Granted, their average population age is a lot younger than ours, which essentially skews the data, but it was still so weird to me.

I've been running a lot lately, so I've been drinking a lot of water to keep hydrated and repair my muscles. Like upwards of 120 ounces a day. It sucks, though, because I feel like it's against the rules to go pee after 4:00 because it's so close to closing time. Also, I try to hard to avoid running into my boss in the bathroom because that's just awkward. It happened, though, for the first time today, and I did not handle it well.

The boy who lives in the apartment above me is currently doing taekwondo. EVERYTHING is bumping and shaking and I am SO scared that the roof is going to cave in. He did warn me that things were going to get loud, but I still was not prepared for this.

My legs are still soo sore from Saturday night. The outsides of my calves are so tight; I keep bending my feet in towards each other to stretch my muscles out, but it's not going well at all. I can't believe that I didn't feel the pain until so late in the night; I'm paying for it now, alright.

I figured out today that when you write a check, the bank scans it, saves the image, and uploads it to my online transactions. It was kind of cool to see. I know, it doesn't take much to impress me.

Beth left all of her good snacks behind; there are frozen pizza bites and toaster strudel in my freezer. It's so tempting and like living with Courtney Rung all over again.

I've figured out that if I have a carb heavy snack before I go to bed, while unhealthy, grants me the ability to dream vividly and realistically. I am going to bed so soon, and am trying to decide if I want to find something to nibble on before I do.

Tomorrow is Michael Jackson's memorial service. I plan to tune in via CNN.com to see how that goes. Sad.

I'm having supper with Ed tomorrow after work. I can't wait to see him!

I have been considering reactivating my Twitter account. I attended a social media seminar last week at work, and realize how I can better use it now. I miss having TwitterBerry on my phone and I miss reading Lady Gaga's updates. Considering it. Look for me on it in a few days, possibly.

In further reflection of my weekend...I feel even more grateful that I have the friends that I do. I am having legitimate withdrawals and cannot wait to see them in August. I'm actually even considering formally extending an invitation for a few of them to visit me in Maine before I head back to Syracuse. I don't know that anyone will actually be able to come, but I've never even really seriously considered letting anyone visit the 207 ever before. This is monumental!

So I have been thinking that maybe at some point in my life, I'm going to pursue writing more seriously. I hated being forced to write on topics that didn't interest me or having to just regurgitate other researcher's factual information. I love having a voice and sharing my thoughts and experiences; I just don't know on what platform I can do so so that more people can read and, hopefully, enjoy my work. No one knows who I am, so who would ever want to read KB's Epic Memoir? Do I twist my stories and relationships and observations into fiction and consider a novel? Keep me in your thoughts.

Alright, want to catch tonight's rose ceremony on The Bachelorette. And find a snack.

In pursuit of an epic...

No comments:

Post a Comment