I feel like a grandmother. I'm sitting on my front porch, wrapped up in the quilt my Memere Bouchard made for me, and watching the traffic go by. Funny thing is, I'm only 20 but I could do this for the rest of my life.
So I put together my first day-to-night outfit on Friday. I looked like I was going to Happy Hour after work, if I was 21 and if I had friends. It would have been perfect for a young professional's sassy night out on the town. Oh well. I'm getting better at walking in heels, too. Thanks Court for all of your training when we were still living at 211. I appreciate your training, except for when you laughed when I fell flat on my face.
From the looks of it at the bus stop, it was definitely casual Friday where the couple who drinks from the plastic lemonade cup's place of work. The girl was rocking a cut-off t-shirt and orange pants, while the guy still had his eyebrow ring in and was wearing a baseball cap. And from the smell of their lemonade cup, I think they had already started pregaming.
I was under the impression that there were no casual Fridays at Steppingstone/NPEA, but when I got to work, everyone was dressed wicked down, and the associate I work with a lot was even wearing flip flops. The dress code explicitly says no flip flops, so now I'm a little lost. I can't believe I only have 6 more weeks there!
I read in Metro on my way to work on Friday that it has been the cloudiest June in Boston since 1903. Just my luck. Also, poor Farrah Fawcett picked the absolute worst day to die. In the same paper, there were 4 pages of MJ coverage plus a cover image, whereas poor Farrah only had a small article. Found out a few hours ago that Billy Mays, the OxiClean man died too. Has not been a good week for celebrities: Mays, Farrah, MJ, Ed McMahon. Not good at all.
Rest in peace. What's going to happen to the new show, "The Pitch Men?"
Something smells from where I'm sitting. I'm not sure if it's in the environment or the chair. How mysterious.
If you haven't seen this video yet, it's truly the first thing I post that's definitely worth watching. Ellen Degeneres' commencement speech this spring at Tulane:
Everything she says is so true and so funny. Syracuse 2011!
So something else I've learned at school has come in handy in my internship. I've been researching a lot of the financial data of member organizations, and have been reviewing countless 990 forms. What up Sue Albring/Mitch Franklin/Kofi.
I think I have the power to make the red light blink on my Blackberry. At least when I'm at work. Keep texting me, BBM'ing me, Facebooking me, calling me, e-mailing me, etc., so I may continue to believe in my magical powers.
Do you think that if I walk down the street with a smile on my face but no obvious external reason for smiling people will think it's because I have a secret? I'm working on being sure I always have a smile on my dome whenever I'm in public, and it makes me wonder what people are thinking when they see me.
I saw the same guy on the train making origami again. Clearly he's a victim of Hiroshima and making a 1000 paper cranes. Sad thing is, he was wearing a jacket from Rockport, Maine the other day. Of course.
It makes me laugh when my dad calls me in the middle of the day. Like does he think I can answer? We can't all be running excavators all day.
I'm starting to get sleepy on the train at the end of the day. Friday's ride was comfortable and warm, and it reminded me of the days when I could get in the perfect catnap in between Cross Lake and FK. Too bad I have a snoring habit now.
Another thing to add to my completely unacceptable list? Visible belly fat. Also, smoking ciggs in public. You just can't do that anymore.
I've decided I'm transferring to Tufts. Backpacks are completely legal here and LL Bean is actually the norm. Screw leggings, North Face, and Uggs.
I went to see "My Sister's Keeper" on Friday. Bad decision #1: Going to see that movie. Bad decision #2: Going to see that movie alone. Bad decision #3: Going to see that movie after reading the book and knowing what was going to happen. It's literally 90 minutes of watching a girl suffer and die from cancer. It's terrible; people were literally sobbing in the theater. Trying to catch their breath sobbing. Not pretty. Too bad I'm not 21, the beer they sell in the theater in Somerville may have eased everything. True story.
PostSecret is great today. I relate to a number of them. Check it out.
Another cool video I picked up off of Perez:
Cool, but the arrangement is a little disappointing. Still fun though.
So who knew that Wings, like the restaurant, was a chain? I thought it was just Syracuse based, but I saw one in Somerville yesterday?
Clearly I forgot the lesson I learned this year about attempting to grocery shop on Saturday or Sunday afternoons. I was in desperate need of a trip to the store, so I went yesterday afternoon. Imagine Wegmans at it's worst; full of hungover college students and families straight from church, and multiply it by infinity. I almost committed right then and there. Never, ever again.
I only had one impulse buy, though. I hadn't had Nilla Wafers, I don't think, since my days at Papoose and Chou's. (My babysitters from age newborn until about 2nd grade.) Mmmm. What a throwback.
I basically live with the best chefs in the world. And they cater to my ever possible want and need. Another reason I'm considering a transfer.
Did you know that a non-passport holder can have a passport expedited to them in as little as 24 hours? It costs ya alright, but still, a convenient option for those who might be stuck in a bind.
And have you seen the new Helen Keller simulator? It's the coolest thing. CLICK HERE.
Haha.
My new MacBook Pro has the coolest feature; instead of having to hook up your camera to upload pictures via a USB port, there is a slot designed specifically for an SD memory card. Unfortunately, my Sony camera does not operate on such a memory device, but it is truly a convenience. And the 7-hour battery life Apple is claiming it's new machines possess? Also a true story. The battery is actually built into the computer. There is also this fantastic little button the on side of the computer that if you press it, these tiny little dots light up, revealing how much battery life you have left. Part of me detests the burglar for stealing my stuff, but I love all the new upgrades on my replacement items. The newest generation iPod touch even plays the music without headphones being plugged into it; it's an updated portable boombox.
Keep reading this week as I count down the ~6055 minutes left until I head to Buffalo.
In the meantime, stay epic.

I have a Memere and Pepere too!! VIVENT LES QUÉBECOIS!
ReplyDelete