Thursday, June 18, 2009

blame it on the rain.

I know, I know, this post is appearing awfully early. What can I say, 9-5 is really taking a toll on me.

I have real bags under my eyes for the first time in my life. I've stayed up for 48 hours straight before, have been a college student for 2 years, but never have I ever had bags. I've worked 4 days at a real job and I look like I have kidney disease or something. I need rest!

I'm going to Maine for the weekend, I decided. I can't go any longer without my new computer, music, or mother. Therefore, I'm headed to Brunswick tomorrow after work and will return early on Sunday. I can't wait to see Brother Bobby...that is as long as I don't catch on fire in his presence.

This morning when I got to work, there was an email in my NPEA inbox from my boss. I don't know if she found my blog or what, but she was writing to me to let me know that she expects me to use my lunch hour and that I am only supposed to work until 5, that there is no reason to stay longer. I really appreciate her letting me know that; it's cool to be in the middle of the city during the day and I'm in an area where there's actually a lot to see.

Therefore, today during lunch, I left the office in search of a place to eat. The weather outside was cold, almost rainy, and dreary, so I wanted an indoor spot...I'm still pretty unfamiliar with the area, and the only place I knew to go was South Station. So, I spent my lunch hour sitting in the heart of the train station, people watching, enjoying the violinists that play in the food court area, and BBM'ing with Court. I kind of felt like a loser, but it's fine.

I've seen my first cases of schizophrenia (yeah I spelled that right on my first try) and Tourette's since I've been in Boston. Not pretty.

I'm learning a lot about educating students separately; classrooms of just boys and classrooms of just girls. While a lot of people are opposed to it, I see the merits of such a system and is something I will consider in both my future career and personal life.

I can't believe that I haven't seen my SU friends for over six weeks now. I was thinking especially today about saying goodbye to everyone at the airport when I left and laughing. I also can't believe I left Court to finish cleaning and packing up the apartment; I can only imagine how much stuff was left there and cannot imgaine how much stuff she threw away. I was telling my roommate here yesterday about Katy showing me magic wands at the cool store on Wescott and she could barely believe me. We are going to go to a midnight showing of the new Harry Potter film in July though, which is exciting, as it will be my first time ever going to such a release.

I found a door to my basement in my apartment today. It's HUGE. There's a secret stairway in the back that leads to Anne Frank's secret annex.

Always epic.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always amazed at what a 9-5 does to a soul. I remember my first summer job, my dad making fun of me. "NOW you get why we go to sleep at 10:30! Psh. Kids."

    Shana says at institute, in the last week, she has slept less than 10 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True life: reading your blog is the best part of my day.

    The apartment was sooooo messy! And the best part about it was the fact that when Court, Claire and I had finished putting all the trash outside a bum lady came out of nowhere and started going through all the random stuff that was there! I remember her saying, "Oh! Are these real towels?!" She was really excited about them....weird. Then she said how she had to get the stuff "really fast" because if she was caught by DPS they would arrest her. Oh Cuse.

    Love youuuuuu

    ReplyDelete