Okay so I got my first paycheck today. This will be the only actual check that I get and will have direct deposit the rest of the summer, but because of something that has to do with the payroll process, I got paid concretely today. I figured I'd deposit in my account over my lunch break, as there had to have been a Key Bank branch in the Financial District. I looked it up online, found two addresses of supposed locations, and spent my entire lunch break searching them out. Unfortunately, both turned out to just be bank offices, not actual branches where I could make a deposit, use an ATM, etc. I set my mom on the case, and it turns out that there is not a single Key Bank branch in all of Massachusetts. I will, therefore, travel all the way to Williamsville, New York, to deposit my first substantial paycheck ever. Holler.
So many of you have been expressing interest in coming to visit me in Boston this summer. Just for everyone's convenience, I'm going to post my weekend schedule for the remainder of the summer:
July 3-5: In Buffalo.
July 10-12: Katy & Courtney visit.
July 17-19: Potentially headed to Maine for an Old Orchard/Freeport/Brunswick weekend.
July 24-26: Open.
July 31-August 2: Open.
August 7-9: Mariel visits.
If I don't go to OOB/207 the 17th-19th, it will happen one of the other 2 weekends. Therefore, let the bidding begin for the remaining visitation rights. I finish my internship August 7th, and plan to likely be home soon the week after.
I witnessed a grown, most likely straight man reading Jodi Picoult's Change of Heart today on the train. Seriously?! It has a pink cover. Save it for your tea parties. You don't broadcast your preference for chick lit in broad daylight. Completely disputes the article and argument I once read that claims that we perpetuate the gender achievement gap because we assign "girly" books. No way.
I do not think that the song "Save Tonight" by Eagle Eye Cherry will ever get old. Enjoy it while you read the rest of this.
Love it.
So I used to be the kind of person that always finished a book no matter if I liked it, hated it, thought it was the driest thing ever, whatever. I don't think I've finished a book that I've started in months. I will finish them if I were interested in him (Jodi Picoult looked really good to me, I won't lie) but I have not read a single thing that has been able to hold my attention. Get at me if you know of something I will enjoy.
I spent the entire day at work researching what's current in education and non-profits. We are working on generating a new section of our website that will kind of serve as a clearninghouse for the information member organizations need to/should know, and I am working on developing a lot of the content for it. I'm doing exactly what I wanted to do this summer, and am loving it.
My boss is getting married in like a month, and it's funny because clearly you all know how much I love weddings and am obsessed with them, but I'm way too shy to offer any of my expertise or knowledge or to even ask about the details. Bummer.
It's funny how a dream can affect you for an entire day. I had the best dream ever last night, like seriously, the best ever, and it's all I could think about all day. I am positive that dreams affect your mood the following day. Ask my mom sometime about the dream that left her mad at my dad for a week. I love to make fun of her about it still. Fits into a lot of my jokes.
EDIT: Read my horoscope from today:
Kelsie,
You are getting some interesting psychic or intuitive impressions today. You have a strange and scary yet exhilarating dream that contains a message about a special person in your life. Pay attention to the symbols, they can teach you a lot about yourself.
My life IS epic. No one knows what this means, but I had to comment on it. /EDIT.
I have never felt more judged than when I am on the bus. If someone chooses to sit in the vacant seat near someone else instead of the empty one near me, I'm insulted. And the thing is, I pay attention to whom I decide to sit near, so clearly other people are doing it to. If you're left alone, you know there's something wrong with you. It's insulting and forcing me to become much more self-conscious.
I run by this HUGE funeral home in Powderhouse Square every day, and in the last 5 nights, there have probably been events there at least 4 times. There are always people hanging around on the porch, outside on the lawn, smoking out on the sidewalk...but none of them are ever, every crying or visibly upset. It's so weird to me; maybe I'm just creepy at wakes and funerals, but it makes me wonder what's going on inside of there. They're a big deal, too; there are often so many people and vehicles that cops are there directing regular traffic, and the place even has control over the stoplight in the rotary right in front of their building. It's just the darndest thing.
I was reading today that 80% of Americans are married at least once by age 40. The thing is, 73% are married by 30. That means only 7% of the population are married in the decade that spans between one's 30's and 40's. It makes me nervous.
Sad news and suspicion that Michael Jackson may have brought on his own tragic death. I received a blast tonight from The Daily Beast, a website service that will send you the top 5 or 10 most important news stories of the day in the morning, revealing news that Jackson might have overdosed on purpose as a way to reduce the number of shows in his final "This Is It" tour. He was contractually obligated to 50 shows, but hoped that a clause citing personal health issues may allow him to reduce the number of appearances. It is suspected that he possibly wanted to just make himself sick enough to have this happen, not to take his own, young life. Sad.
"Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish." (Be epic.)




These are not in order of your post but in order of me remembering them...
ReplyDelete1) Thanks for the update that I have a 73% chance of only having 8 more years of single life left. SCARY
2) YES I DO JUDGE people on the bus! And I do get offended when someone doesn't sit next to me. But think about being on South, sometimes you take the seat most convenient to the duration of time you're going to be on the bus not based on the people.
3) Oh EPIC, when will this die?