I'd like to take a moment to introduce to the world my very favorite Canadian, Lindsey Mather. I have kept in touch with Mather all summer long; having an identical commute and work schedule makes our down time matching down time. We spend a lot of the day BBM'ing about our jobs, our boredom, and what we are going to do for lunch. Because of Lindsey, I am motivated to be more optimistic about my Boston living situation, and have already ventured out more into the city. Sadly, I will not see Mather until August of 2010...yes I will not see her for almost 15 consecutive months, as she leaves for Madrid August 7th and I will be spending spring 2010 in London.
I will miss so many things about Mather: how she talks incessantly and loudly at the movies, her complaints about everything in her life, our Thursday lunch dates, her trademark dance moves.. but most of all, I will miss my friend who can make me smile no matter how sad I am or how terrible of a day I am having. Thanks, Math, for everything!
At Lindsey's prodding, I ventured around Downtown Crossing today during my lunch hour. I came across Macy's, H&M, Aldo, DSW, Marshall's, and a number of other really cool places. I found an amazing bookstore, a number of whimsical little shops, and a GREAT, really contemporary and modern restaurant called uFood. Everything is grown naturally and organically, nothing is fried (even the UnFries are exactly that...un-fried) and the overall vibe is just very green. I tried this delicious Thai chicken wrap stuffed with rice, steamed carrots, and broccoli and was so blown away. It's a very new venture and the chain hasn't spread to too many locations yet, but if you have the opportunity to visit one, definitely check it out.
Unfortunately, these new discoveries complicate my life. Up until this point, I've been relatively self-sufficient this summer. I do not know, however, how I will continue to support myself, shop, and eat. I think I'm going to have to choose: shop or eat. Basically, eat or fit in when I get back to Syracuse. Funny how my priorities have evolved...
So I spent 70% of today working by myself, and I must say, I do not think I have ever been more productive at work. When I got in this morning, there weren't even lights on in my half of the office it was so empty; I didn't even know where the light panel was. The silence allowed me to focus on the tasks I did have to work on, and I felt so much more relaxed and able to work efficiently. I didn't have to worry if my BBM typing was too loud or if it was inappropriate to recline in my computer chair with my feet on my desk and my keyboard in my lap. I hate talking on the phone, but even worse, I hate talking on the phone in front of people, so when I was completely alone this afternoon, I made dozens of calls and talked to people I'd been putting off talking to for weeks. It honestly wasn't as painful as I expected it to be, but the quieter atmosphere made me that much more comfortable.
While I was working this afternoon, this guy who is around Steppingstone all the time but I'm not sure if he actually works there was on a phone interview in an office close to mine. I was kind of listening to what he was saying and trying to figure out what questions the employer was asking him, and was surprised when I figured out that they were asking him the 3 most recent management-related books he had read. Good to know for my sooner-than-I'll-realize 2011 job hunt.
Oh, I'm back on Twitter. Follow me: kelsiebouchard. Easy enough.
So $1800 of the missing $10,000 was recovered. Nice, but still really disappointing. I just hope that whoever ended up with the remaining $8200 truly needed it.
I'm trying to decide when I will leave Boston. I finish my internship the 7th. That weekend could involve multiple things: going home right away, Mariel visiting, participating in The Great Race... I don't know. All I do know is that Duke and Moe got their hair cut and are looking soooome handsome!
I've already got all kinds of things I want to do when I'm back in the 207: catch up with my friends, clearly, hit up Al's like crazy, run the mills in less than 25 minutes, make Sam take me fishing, have lunch at the golf course, go to the pool on a rainy, freezing day, have supper at the Sporting Club, take pictures of moose, store up sleep for the upcoming year!
So I'm thinking that I am going to try realllllly hard to add a Finance major. If I can do it, I'll graduate with three majors: Entrepreneurship in Emerging Enterprises, Finance, and Policy Studies. I'm all about this "venture capitalism in socially responsible non profits" that I've recently realized even exists...so we will see how that goes.
Tonight on the train the man sitting across from me was clearly quiiiiite intoxicated. His eyes were sooo blurry, he was mesmerized by the signage at the top of the T, sat in a position that just screamed "DRUNK," and would catch him staring at me, but still wouldn't look away. And he wasn't a sleazeball, either; he was dressed in a suit, wearing a wedding ring, carrying a briefcase (still haven't figured out why men really need them). I'm scared he got in a car after he got off the T, but I don't really want to think about it.
Hmm...more shopping tomorrow? We'll see.
Stay epic.
PS If you are yet to do this... DO IT. I know who has voted and who hasn't, and if I see that you haven't, your ass is grass...
One of my favorite people in the entireeee world, Raquela Susman actually needs a favor, but I promised I'd do what I could. Rocky's sister's dog, Riese, is in the running to win the award of "Baltimore's Most Beautiful Dog." Riese is in category D, currently in second place, and NEEDS YOUR HELP! It's actually fun to look at all of the beautiful pooches (none compare to either Duke OR Moe, but still) and vote for your favorites! I don't care who you vote for in A/B/C (I chose Bandit/Dublin/Izzy) but PLEASE visit this link and vote for Riese!

No comments:
Post a Comment